By using Time Delta Metrics for Data Explorer to measure the efficiency of each of your sourcing channels, you can discover how your sourcing channels impact the speed at which a candidate becomes an employee.
By following the instructions in this article, you will learn how to build a Channel Efficiency report that will allow you to focus on your highest impact talent initiatives.
For users who are new to using Time Delta Metrics with Data Explorer, you may wish to check out this article.
How to Create a Channel Efficiency Report
Follow these steps to learn how to report on how your sourcing channels impact the efficiency of your recruitment process:
- Begin by heading to Data Explorer, in the Reporting module.
- Under Create New Report, select Time Delta Metrics.
- Now, under From, use the dropdown menu to select Vacancy Stage and your organization’s first Vacancy Stage (e.g. Review)
- Then, under To, use the dropdown menus to select Vacancy Stage and your organization’s Vacancy Stage that signifies a candidate has been offered the role (e.g Offer Made). Click Next.
- Next, select Source in the Visualize by dropdown.
- If you would like to apply filters to only include a certain group of candidates in your report, click Show filters to open the filter panel. A great option here would be to use the Team Assigned to filter to create a team-specific report. Note that the default time frame for all Time Delta Metrics reports will show the last 30 days, you can make changes to this in the filter panel.
- Once you are happy with all of your selections, click Create new Report.
- You have now created your Channel Efficiency report. You can now evaluate how the source of a candidate impacts the speed at which they move through your recruitment process. Make changes to the visual representation of the report using the Chart Type drop down, if you wish.
- If you make changes to a report you have run, click Update Report in the top right to visualize those changes in your report.
- Want to save your report? Click the vertical ellipses in the top right of the page and select Save as New. Now you can access this same report and share it with others. After saving your report, it will become available in the Use Saved Reports section of the Data Explorer Home Page.
By following the steps in this guide, you can build a report that will help you understand which of your candidate sources is most efficient, and where you might be able launch initiatives to speed up the recruitment process for certain channels.