The timeline tab offers a comprehensive history of the action taken on a contact profile, the communication history with the contact, and a log of all of the notes made in relation to a contact.
For an overview of the Beamery Profile, check out this article.
Table of Contents
Viewing a Candidate's Timeline
To view a candidate's Timeline, navigate to the candidate's mini or full profile. You can do this by searching for a candidate's name in the search bar and selecting from the drop-down search results. Alternatively, you can find the candidate from your contacts grid by navigating to People. You can use filters to narrow your candidate database.
Click on the Timeline tab. You can Show all activities or filter candidate activity via the drop-down beneath the Log activity field, to view only certain types of activity or all activities.
From the Profile Timeline, you can also see which user added the contact, the source of creation and the time and date that a record was added to the Timeline.
1. Log Activity - you can begin to log a candidate note by typing in the text box titled Log Activity. You can tag your colleagues in your note by using the @mention functionality. They will receive a notification, advising them that they have been tagged. If used by your organisation, users will also receive an email notifying them that they have been @mentioned.
2. Activity Type - you can record the type of activity associated with the candidate communications, including:
- Call - Notes from a conversation with the candidate.
- Meeting - Log conversations as a result of a meeting.
- InMail - Log any LinkedIn messaging activity.
- SMS - Log all text message activity
- Prospect Reply - Log a reply received outside of Beamery
- Social Media Activity - Log a social media interaction
- Hiring Manager Note - Log a note specifically as a hiring manager
- Voicemail - log a voicemail message that you have left for the candidate
- Scheduled Call - log notes on a scheduled call with the candidate
- Email - log information from an email exchange with the candidare
- Exploratory Visit - log information from an exploratory visit that the candidate attended
- Conference/Event - log information from a conference or event that the candidate attended
3. Private or Public - Use this check box to set the note as private or public.
4. Log Activity button - Click this button once your note is complete.
You can create tasks for yourself or assign tasks to team members by clicking on the "New task" button beneath the "+" icon on the top right of the candidate's profile.
Within the "Create Task" window you can:
- Add a description of the task
- Assign a particular user to this task
- Check on the assigned contact
- Update the due date
- Add the task to either a Pool or a Vacancy
Once you have selected one of the above, click the blue "Create Task" button.
The task will appear in the candidate Timeline as a private task, visible only to yourself and the person with whom you shared the task.
You have the option to mark the task as complete, edit the task, or remove it by selecting the desired option from the drop-down menu when clicking the three dots to the right of the task.
Any messages or events associated with the candidate's email address will also appear in their Timeline. You can filter the Timeline by selecting "Messages" from the drop-down menu at the top of the Timeline.
To expand the contents of an event or message on the Timeline, click "Show Thread".
This filter allows you to narrow the list of events that you can see on the Profile Timeline by type. For example, if you click on Notes it will display all notes associated with the candidate.
Activities can be filtered based on their categories. Currently supported categories include:
- Updates - See all updates in the timeline
- Messages - See all email communication with the candidate
- Notes - See any notes associated with the candidate
- Email - See emails only
- SMS - See SMS Messages only