Understanding Beamery User Roles
There are various user permission levels to choose from in Beamery. The level of access and visibility needed across the platform will determine which permission level is most appropriate for you and the members of your team.
Detailed tables of what each role can see and do in Beamery are provided here. Below is a short summary of each role type.
- Super Admin: Super Admin is the most powerful role type in Beamery and allows access to all features of the platform that are included in your package, including the ability to view private pools and vacancies and customize the platform in Settings. Users with this level of access should be limited to one person or a very small group of people within your organization.
- Marketing Admin: Marketing Admins can access all parts of the Marketing module, but cannot edit other configurable parts of Beamery settings such as Global Tags or Vacancy Stages. It is recommended to have at least one user with this permission level in order to take responsibility for the publication of Pages and Forms.
- Marketing Standard: Users with the Marketing Standard role are able to access both the CRM and Marketing modules, but are limited in some other actions; they can create Pages and Forms but not publish them. This is the best permission for users whose daily workflows are centred on talent marketing activities.
- Marketing Limited: Marketing Limited users have access to the basic functionality of the CRM that enables simple talent marketing activities, including adding contacts and sending email campaigns. They are limited from accessing other marketing modules such as Pages and Forms.
- Sourcing Admin: Sourcing Admins have access to the vast majority of CRM functionality, but are limited in their access to the Marketing module and certain actions in Settings. They can view reporting and add new users to the system, but cannot publish Pages and Forms or access Events.
- Sourcing Standard: Sourcing Standard allows users to access all the CRM features needed to complete typical sourcing workflows, including creating and sending email campaigns. This role is best for users whose day-to-day work is focused on sourcing activities, but who are not involved in talent marketing.
- Sourcing Limited: Sourcing Limited users have access to the most basic of CRM features, including creating contacts, sending direct email messages and viewing public pools. This role is best for users who need to be able to see, add and review candidates, but who should not have access to email campaigns.
- Sourcing Confidential: The Sourcing Confidential role is available as part of Beamery's Executive Feature set. It allows for true candidate confidentiality, enabling its users to add and share contacts amongst themselves while keeping them private from other users. This role is intended for users whose work involves executive or specialty search activities.
- Restricted: Restricted users have the most basic access to the CRM module only. They can only view contacts that have been shared with them. While they can add notes to contact timelines, they can view but not edit profile fields. This permission level is best for internal users who are not part of the talent function or external stakeholders in your hiring process.
Selecting Beamery User Roles
Each user type comes with its own set of permissions access. Below is a flowchart to help you decide which role is best for a particular user.
To get the most value out of the platform and make more collaborative hiring decisions, we strongly advise inviting your entire talent team to use Beamery. After all, it is intended to be your organization's single source of truth for talent.
Note: Only Super Admin, Marketing Admin and Sourcing Admin users can invite new users, delete current users and manage user permission levels. Only Super Admins can invite or edit permissions for other Super Admins.
Inviting new users
To invite new users to use Beamery, navigate to the "Settings" page on the platform by selecting the cog icon at the bottom left side of the navigation panel.
Note: If your company uses Single-sign-on with Beamery, then this process might be slightly different. It is best to verify the correct process for setting up SSO users with your internal IT/security team.
From the "Settings" page, click "Users". This will open a window that displays all existing users of your account.
Click the "Add User" button at the top right corner of the page. Enter the new user's email address and select the appropriate permission level for that user. Once completed, click "Send" and an invitation email will be sent to the specified email inbox.
When inviting a user, be sure to select the relevant permission level for that user. You can edit the permission levels at a later date by clicking the dropdown to the right of a current user's name.
Note: If the invitation to Beamery is not found in the inbox, please request that the recipient check their spam folder. If the invite still cannot be found, you can cancel the pending invitation in Beamery and send it again.
Reinstating Previous Users
For security and data integrity reasons, in order to reinvite a user who has previously been deleted, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you will receive a warning that the user already exists.