All forms within Beamery offer you the ability to set additional questions on your form, enabling you to capture extra information on candidates and aid the screening process.
The Add questions block includes 4 types of questions that can be selected from the drop down menu and customized. (See below for more information on the types of question available.)
- The Options field will change depending on the question type chosen.
- Each question has a maximum character limit of 1000 characters.
- All questions can be set as required to be answered by toggling the “Required” button. Candidates will be prompted to answer these before the form can be submitted.
- The details of the question can be collapsed by clicking on the Collapse button. When the question is collapsed, this button will change to Expand, which can be clicked to reveal the details again. Adding another question automatically collapses the previous one.
- When there is more than question, users can move the question up or down to change the order in the list of questions by choosing the options from the ellipsis menu button.
Available question types on Forms
Dropdown questions allow candidates to select one answer from a dropdown list.
In the Dropdown Options field, users can:
- Choose a question with answer options linked to a custom field from the dropdown.
- Or leave the above field as “No linked custom field” and type in the answer options into the box, at one per line.
NOTE: There is no limit to the number of answer options which can be provided.
Free Text questions allow candidates to type in short answers.
In the Free Text Options field, users can:
- Choose a question that is linked to a custom field or leave this as “No linked custom field”.
- Set the maximum number of characters allowed for the answer up to 100.
Text Area questions allow candidates to type in longer answers up to 2000 characters.
In the Text Area Options field, users can:
- Set the maximum number of characters allowed for the answer up to 2000.
Checkbox questions allow candidates to select multiple answers from a checklist.
In the Checkbox Options field, you can:
Type in the answer options into the box, at one per line.
Note: There is no limit to the number of answer options the user wants to provide.
Saving and Publishing your Form
Once you are happy with your form and questions, click on the Save button in the top right of your screen.
When the form is saved in the system for the first time, two new buttons will appear, the Discard button and the Publish button.
Click on ‘Publish’ to make your form live and select ‘view live form’ by clicking on the three dots to take you directly to the published form.
Capturing Compliance and Opt-in
Rather than using custom questions, the best way to manage and capture compliance information in Beamery is to use either the Terms and Conditions or GDPR Opt-in sections of the form builder. These are located above the custom questions section in the Form sections block.
Please sign in to leave a comment.