Table of Contents
What are Pools?Pools in Beamery offer a great way to group and manage candidates around particular skills, profiles and personas, and enable you to nurture candidate relationships in a more targeted way. The availability of several pool types - General, Sourcing and Events - gives pools the flexibility to be used in several different ways.
Who can Manage Pools?Pools can be created and managed by any users with standard user permissions or higher. Events pools are only available to organizations that have Events as part of their Beamery package.
How are Pools useful?
Searching and Filtering
- Pools can be used as a destination for sourcing warm candidates with a previously established relationship with your organization
- Pools can be used in conjunction with advanced search and filter to refine the list of relevant candidates.
- Pools can be used extensively with Recipes to automate workflows. They can serve as a trigger (ie. ‘when contact is added to pool’), as a filter (ie. ‘when contact belongs to a pool’) or as an action (ie. ‘add to pool.’)
- Pools can be used as a filter within both a pipeline report or pivot report.
How can Candidates be Added to a Pool?
Helpful Tips on Pools- The list of pools displayed can be refined using the name of the pool, the owner of the pool, global tags, pipelines or type (see below).
- Sourcing pools and Events pools have Pool Steps, while General pools do not.
- A Sourcing or Events pool cannot be converted into a General pool after being created, but a General pool can be converted into a Sourcing pool.
What are Pipelines?
Pipelines are a way of grouping together and categorizing pools. These can then be used to filter the list of talent pools displayed. The most common way of grouping pools together in a pipeline is by the recruiting team or department.
For example, there may be a pipeline of ‘Emerging Talent’ which contains the pools ‘Columbia careers event,’ ‘Harvard Students to invite,’ ‘2018 Commercial Scheme Applicants’ etc. while a pipeline called EMEA would include pools with a regional association with Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Who can manage Pipelines?
Only Beamery Admins can create Pipelines, but any user with standard permission or above can add a pool to a particular pipeline and sort pools by pipeline.
Helpful Tips on Pipelines
- Some organizations prefer to use global tags rather than pipelines to categorize and group pools together. These offer the same ability to display only relevant pools, but can use the existing tagging structure. In addition, global tags can be used in the filter panel in conjunction with pipeline and pivot reports so offer greater reporting functionality.