Vacancies help you to manage candidates that are in your hiring process. These could be candidates that have applied for a role, or candidates that your team has sourced and qualified as interested.
Your company's use of vacancies will depend on your internal workflows, your use of an ATS, and whether your ATS is integrated with Beamery. Ensure that you are familiar with the best practices prescribed by your organization.
Please note: the new Vacancies List is currently available to some customers as an optional view. If available in your environment, you will have the ability to switch back and forth until the feature is released into General Availability. For more on the old Vacancies List, click here.
Table of Contents
How to Create a New Vacancy
1. To create a vacancy, click on the Vacancies tab in the sidebar navigation.
2. Click the "Create a vacancy" button at the top right of the screen. This will take you to the "Create Vacancy" page.
- Vacancy Title*
- Owner (yourself or select a team member)*
- Manager (yourself or select a team member)*
- Status (Open, Hold, Closed, Cancelled, Draft)*
- Priority (High, Medium, Low)†
- Vacancy Group (created within your account settings)*
- Global Tags *
- Due Date†
- Job URL (used for Invite to Apply)
- Type (Full time, Part time, Contract)
* Able to be searched for or filtered by in Vacancies List View
† Able to be sorted by in Vacancies List View
4. Once you have filled the information in for your vacancy, click on the "Create" button at the bottom right of the page.
If your organization is not using Beamery's AI features, your Vacancy will look like this.
How to Create Vacancy Groups
You can also organize your vacancies by categorizing them under "Vacancy Groups" upon creation. This is particularly useful if you wish to view your vacancies by type (e.g. sales roles, marketing roles) or by a company or client that you are working with.
Note: that only users with Super Admin, Sourcing Admin and Marketing Admin level permissions can create Vacancy Groups.
1. To create a vacancy group, navigate to Settings and click on "Vacancy Groups" located under "Customize Beamery". Then click on the "Add Vacancy Group" button at the top right of the screen.
2. Fill out the name of the Vacancy Group you wish to create. You may also add an optional description of that vacancy group. Once finished, click the "Create" button.
3. The Vacancy Group will now appear in your list when creating a new vacancy or editing a current one.
How to Search for Vacancies
To search for a particular Vacancy, navigate to the Vacancies tab. The default view of this list is Vacancies that belong to you sorted by newest first.
Search filters are multi-select, so you are able to combine values to find exactly what you need. You can search all Vacancies by:
- Free text search based on vacancy title and vacancy ID
- Vacancy Status
- Vacancy Group
- Global tags assigned to the vacancy
- Department assigned to the vacancy
- The Hiring Manager assigned to the vacancy (subject to integration setup)
- The assigned owner of the vacancy
Vacancies can also be sorted by:
- Newest first
- Oldest first
- Due date
- highest priority first