Beamery Convert allows you to capture candidate data for your recruitment initiatives at key candidate touchpoints, such as first contact, job application, talent community joining, or event registration. Convert uses Flows, which are linked forms, to collect the information most relevant to you.
After understanding the difference between a Convert Flow and a Beamery Form, you may wish to take advantage of the benefits offered by Convert, and migrate some or all of your existing Forms to Convert Flows. This guide will walk you through the steps you need to take to do this, which you’ll see are quite simple.
If you’re new to using Convert, you may also wish to check out this overview of Convert article.
Table of Contents
This guide will show you how to migrate an existing Form to Convert, and ensure that the elements of Beamery that work hand-in-hand with your existing Form will continue to work seamlessly with your new Flow.
The steps you’ll take are as follows:
How to Replicate your Form into a Flow
Begin by replicating the existing form, in the Flow Builder.
- Open your existing form in one window.
- In another window, head to Convert and follow these instructions to create a new flow, copying the questions from your existing Form to your new Flow.
- Note that your existing Form may have used questions that were not linked to custom fields, but Convert Flows require all questions to be linked to custom fields to allow for better reporting on candidate responses. This means that you may need to create a new custom field on the profile for questions that were not linked to custom fields on your existing Form. Find instructions for creating a custom field here.
- Once you’re happy with your new Flow, publish the Flow.
How to Update any Linked Recipes
Next, you’ll need to head to the Recipes module and update any recipes that were triggered by the Form you just replicated as a Convert Flow.
For each Recipe that is triggered by a candidate submitting the Form, you will need to update the trigger to be the submission of your new Convert Flow. You can find more information on using Convert Flows in Recipes here, and this guide to creating a Recipe may also be useful as you update your existing Recipes.
Once you have finished updating your Recipes, this is a great time to test your Flow by submitting it yourself, and checking that all of the Recipe actions that you would expect to happen have been applied to the Beamery Profile created when you submitted the Flow.
For example, if your Recipe triggers a campaign message and adds the candidate to a Pool when they submit a Flow and answer Yes to a specific question, you should answer Yes to that question when you test the Flow, and then check that the profile has been added to the expected Pool, and that you have received the correct campaign message.
How to Share the link to your Flow and Unpublish your Form
The final step in the conversion process is sharing the link to your new Flow with candidates, and unpublishing your old Form.
- To do this, first copy the link to your Flow by clicking the vertical ellipsis button at the top right corner of the Flow Builder, and selecting Copy Flow URL from the dropdown menu.
- Then, head to wherever you had previously been using the old Form, and replace that link with the link to your new Flow. Forms may have been linked in Beamery Pages, in Campaign messages, or on your organization’s career site.
- Once you have replaced links to your old Form with the link to your new Flow, unpublish your old Form by clicking the vertical ellipsis button at the top right corner of the Form Builder, and selecting Unpublish from the drop down menu.
With this guide, you will be able to migrate your existing Beamery Forms to Convert Flows and benefit from increased candidate conversion rates, while ensuring that your processes remain seamless and streamlined.