Vacancies help you to manage candidates that are in your hiring process. These could be candidates that have applied for a role, or candidates that your team has sourced and qualified as interested.
Your company's use of vacancies will depend on your internal workflows, your use of an ATS, and whether your ATS is integrated with Beamery. Ensure that you are familiar with the best practices prescribed by your organization.
Table of Contents
How to Create a New Vacancy
1. To create a vacancy, click into the CRM module and then on the "vacancies" tab located at the top of the screen.
2. Click the "Add Vacancy" button at the top right of the screen. This will take you to the "Create Vacancies" page.
- Vacancy Title
- Owner (yourself or select a team member)
- Manager (yourself or select a team member)
- Status (Open, Hold, Closed, Cancelled, Draft)
- Priority (High, Medium, Low)
- Vacancy Group (created within your account settings)
- Global Tags
- Due Date
- Job URL (used for Invite to Apply)
- Type (Full time, Part time, Contract)
4. Once you have filled the information in for your vacancy, click on the "Create" button at the bottom right of the page.
5. To view the vacancy details once the role has been created, simply click on the vacancy name. You will see a more detailed description as per the image below.
How to Create Vacancy Groups
You can also organize your vacancies by categorizing them under "Vacancy Groups" upon creation. This is particularly useful if you wish to view your vacancies by type (e.g. sales roles, marketing roles) or by a company or client that you are working with.
Note: that only users with Super Admin, Sourcing Admin and Marketing Admin level permissions can create Vacancy Groups.
1. To create a vacancy group, navigate to Settings and click on "Vacancy Groups" located under "Customize Beamery". Then click on the "Add Vacancy Group" button at the top right of the screen.
2. Fill out the name of the Vacancy Group you wish to create. You may also add an optional description of that vacancy group. Once finished, click the "Create" button.
3. The Vacancy Group will now appear in your list when creating a new vacancy or editing a current one.
How to Search for Vacancies
1. To search for a particular vacancy, navigate to "Vacancies" in the CRM module. This will display all of your vacancies, as well as any that have been shared with you.
2. You can select from the free text and drop-down filters to further refine by:
- Free text search based on vacancy title and vacancy reference
- Vacancy Status
- Vacancy Group
- Global tags assigned to the vacancy
- The assigned owner of the vacancy
- User type (owner or manager)
Upon creating a vacancy, a vacancy reference will be generated, which is a unique identifier for your vacancy. This reference can be used in the search box to quickly search for and find your vacancy.