When using Recruiter Mode for the Beamery Extension, the Extension minimizes to an icon state which you can drag around the screen, allowing you to position it in a place that is convenient for you. The outside edge of the icon acts as a status indicator for activities in progress, and the icon will alert you with messages, statuses and updates at key points in your sourcing workflows.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Using Recruiter Mode
Key benefits of using the Beamery Extension in Recruiter Mode include:
- Save time in determining whether contacts already exist in Beamery or not, without opening the full Extension.
- Automatically add contacts to Beamery with just one click when you send an InMail, using the Magic Button.
- Reduced loading times of the Extension.
Getting Started with Recruiter Mode
Please note that in order to enable Recruiter Mode when using the Beamery Extension, Recruiter Mode will also need to be enabled at a company level. Please speak to your internal Beamery administrators about this setting, who should reach out to your Beamery CSM to request that this feature is enabled.
Here's how to get started using Recruiter Mode:
- When enabling Recruiter Mode, you will first need to ensure that you are logged in to Beamery in a separate tab. Once Recruiter Mode is enabled, you can log in using Recruiter Mode.
- Then, navigate to the social site of your choice, and open the Beamery Extension. In this example, we’ll be using LinkedIn.
- Now click on the settings cog in the top bar of the extension.
- In the settings page, you will see the option to enable BeamAssist, and below this the option to enable Recruiter Mode. Click the toggle for Recruiter Mode to turn it on.
- After enabling Recruiter Mode, click < Back to Extension to return to the Extension, then click the X to minimize the Extension.
- Now, you can drag and drop the minimized Extension to wherever you’d like it on screen by simply clicking on it, dragging it to your desired location, and letting go once you’re happy with the location.
Then, at any point during your online sourcing, you can click the minimized Extension to open the full Beamery Extension.
Logging into Beamery with Recruiter Mode
In order for the Beamery Extension to be able to assist you with your sourcing activities, you must be logged into Beamery. With Recruiter Mode, the minimized Extension will detect when you are not logged in, and prompt you to log in.
- If you aren’t logged in to Beamery, you will see the minimized Extension show this message:
- Click the Log in button to be taken to the Beamery login page.
- If you use an email address and password to log in to Beamery, enter these on the login page and click the Sign in button.
- If you use SSO to log in to Beamery, click Use Single Sign-On and enter your email address on the next page. Click the Continue button to be taken to your company-specific SSO page, and log into Beamery.
- Once you have logged in, return to the social site you were using for sourcing. You will see the minimized Extension showing this message:
Creating New Contacts
Creating a Single Contact
As you navigate through social profiles, the minimized Extension will highlight those profiles that have not yet been added to Beamery with this message:
Click anywhere on this message, or on the minimized Extension to open the Extension and create a new contact.
Creating Multiple Contacts Using AutoPilot
As you run searches on social sites, you may want to use AutoPilot to quickly bring multiple contacts into Beamery.
When the minimized Extension detects that you are on a list of profiles that can be added to Beamery using AutoPilot, you will see this message:
Click anywhere on this message, or on the minimized Extension to open the Extension and start using AutoPilot.
Viewing Existing Contacts
As you navigate through social profiles, the minimized Extension will highlight profiles that already exist in Beamery, and highlight profiles with engagement statuses that you should be aware of.
If a contact already exists in Beamery, and is available to be contacted, you will see this message:
Click anywhere on this message, or on the minimized Extension to open the contact’s Beamery profile in the Extension, where you can see more information and take action on the profile.
If a contact exists in Beamery but has been archived, you will see this message:
This means that the Beamery profile for this contact has been archived, and is not accessible. Contacts can be manually un-archived by clicking on the message or the minimized Extension, and then clicking on the Unarchive button on the Extension. Be sure to act in compliance with your company’s policies for un-archiving Beamery profiles.
If a contact exists in Beamery but has been anonymized, you will see this message:
This means that this contact previously existed in Beamery but has been anonymized in accordance with your company’s data privacy guidelines. Super Admin users may un-anonymize a contact by clicking on this message or the minimized Extension, and clicking the Unanonymize button.
Sending and Logging an InMail Message
InMail AutoLogging works seamlessly with the Beamery Extension in Recruiter Mode.
If you have the Extension open when you open a messaging window in LinkedIn, the Extension will minimize to give you the space you need on screen for writing your message. You will see the below message:
Click anywhere on the message, or on the minimized Extension to re-open the Extension.
Then, if you have enabled InMail AutoLogging by toggling the switch in the messaging window, when you send your message, you will see this confirmation that your InMail has been logged on the contact’s Beamery profile:
Click on the message or the minimized Extension to open the contact’s profile in the Extension, and navigate to the Related tab to see the logged InMail.
Using the Magic Button
The Magic Button allows you to create a Beamery profile, upload a resume attachment, and log an InMail on the profile timeline, directly from a contact’s LinkedIn profile, all with a single click. I’m sure you can see why it’s called the Magic Button!
With InMail Autologging enabled, when you send an InMail to a LinkedIn contact that you have not yet added to Beamery, you will see the magic button appear with a message from the minimized Extension icon.
Click Let’s do it! to add this contact to Beamery, upload their profile PDF to a newly created Beamery profile and log the InMail message you just sent all in one click. If this is a contact who you don’t wish to add to Beamery, you can click No, Thanks and the contact will not be added to Beamery.
After clicking Let’s do it! you will see a confirmation message, showing you that the profile has been created, the InMail has been logged, and the profile PDF has been uploaded and parsed. You can click on the minimized Extension icon to view the profile in the Extension, or simply move on to your next contact.
Using the Beamery Extension in Recruiter Mode means that the Beamery Extension is always easily accessible, and offers helpful messages at key points in your sourcing workflows.