This Enhancement to Time Delta Metrics Is Coming Soon!
Beamery’s Data Explorer opens up a world of reporting possibilities, and with Time Delta Metrics, you can evaluate and understand the average time it takes for a candidate to progress between key timeline events. This type of reporting is useful for calculating metrics such as overall time to hire and taking a deep dive into a specific step in your hiring process to calculate the time between two specific stages.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to use Time Delta Metrics to measure candidate velocity, which will allow you to understand how quickly you’re finding talent, and help you to answer the question Am I finding the best talent faster than my competitors?
If you’re new to Data Explorer, you may wish to begin by checking out this overview of Data Explorer, or this guide to creating a report with Time Delta Metrics.
How to Create a Report to Measure Candidate Velocity
Follow the below steps to create a report that will allow you to measure how quickly candidates travel through your organization’s recruiting process, based on their creation source.
- Head to Data Explorer in the Reporting module, and select the Time Delta Metrics option, under Create New Report.
- In the from field, select Status and then choose your organization’s initial status. In the to field, select the status your organization uses to indicate a candidate has been hired. In the below example, this status is Employee but this will vary according to your organization’s process and naming convention.
- Click the Next button, and choose your visualize by option. Because you’re looking to measure a metric over time, select Time from this dropdown menu.
Now, you can choose to apply filters to your report. By default, the report will show a timeframe of the past 30 days, but this range can be changed to meet your needs, to showing a shorter or longer period in the filter panel.
Once you’re happy with your filters, click Create New Report. This will take you to a new screen, where you will see your report.
On this screen, use the Split by drop down menu to select Creation Source.
You have now created a report to measure how quickly candidates travel through your organization’s recruiting process, based on their creation source. If you would like to make changes to your report, for example changing the Chart Type to a visual representation that best suits your data, use the dropdown menus at the top of the report screen.
- If you make changes to a report you have run, click Update Report in the top right to visualize those changes in your report.
- Want to save your report? Click the vertical ellipses in the top right of the page and select Save as New. Now you can access this same report and share it with others. After saving your report, it will become available in the Use Saved Reports section of the Data Explorer Home Page.
By following the steps in this guide, you will be able to create a report to measure how quickly candidates travel through your organization’s recruiting process, based on their creation source.
This will help you to analyse the efficacy of creation sources in your CRM, as well as help you to answer the question Am I finding the best talent faster than my competitors?
An Overview of Data Explorer
How to Create, Save and Share a Report
How to Create a Report using Time Delta Metrics
Please sign in to leave a comment.